zondag 12 oktober 2014

No Sugar, one week down and three days to go

First of all, sorry for my absence. I had a lot to do last week and since I'm going to London in a week I still have to take care of a lot of things. Yesterday I did a tea tasting session with my roommate and friend Hanne because we got some samples from http://www.teasenz.nl/
I will be blogging on that as soon as possible!

But for now I thought I would give you a small update on my Fed Up Challenge. For those who have no Idea what I am talking about: The Fed Up Challenge basically means that you have to stop yourself from eating sugar for at least 10 days.

On the sixth day I ate a tiny tiny tiny cookie and I feel horrible about it, but I was hungry and there was nothing else I could eat. But apart from that, I have done very well. No sweets and sugars. After a conversation with a fellow student on sugar, healthy eating and other things I decided that I was allowed organic raw honey (which I happened to have somewhere in the back of my cupboard). So I made a few cookies with that to fulfill my need for cookies.

So I have only been drinking tea, coffee and water for the past week and that is getting kind of boring so I'm going to buy something without sugar when I go to the supermarket tomorrow.

But after a week I feel great, I am not as tired as I normally am in the morning, I lost 3 kilos in a week, I feel better and healthier. So I really want to get everyone enthusiastic about this Fed Up Challenge. Just write down for one day how many sugar you eat, because sugar is in almost everything: In your drinks, in your bread, in a lot of rice and pasta, pasta sauces and cookies and sweets of course! Just write it down for one day and see how much it is when you realize the advise is to limit it to 8 teaspoons a day (thats about 32 gram).

So here is a head's up for the blogs that are coming:

  • A recipe for a nice chicken curry (made this in my pre-no sugar fase so there is some sugar in it), see the picture here on the right!
  • A recipe for a sugar free cookies
  • Tasting Time with Hanne (will hopefully be once a month) - topic " Teasenz"
  • Pimp my Dish, with a really good friend of mine: Jeroen
  • A blog on the bread workshop at Recipease
and maybe you can let me know how much sugar you eat a day:)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten